Tuesday 13 July 2010

Our first Green Eyes blog



Introduction

This is our first blog together. The idea for creating this joint blog came about when we both partnered together on Dominic's Little Blog. The process of working together, the ideas we generated, and the fun we both had has resulted in this blog. A joint venture which we hope you will enjoy reading as much as we enjoy writing it.

Our first post is really an introduction - to tell you who we are, and what you can expect from our blog.......

Dominic 'The Original Geek' Burford

I'm a software developer who is passionate about technology. I've worked in the field of software development for over a decade, working on a huge range of different technologies, tools and applications, and in a large variety of industries including health, manufacturing, accountancy and payroll.

I enjoy listening to a huge range of music including Coldplay, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, Moby, Frank Zappa, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rush, Editors, Muse, Weather Report, Miles Davis....you get the idea! I have broad and eclectic tastes in music which includes Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, Bauhaus and God Speed You Black Emperor to name just a few.

I love cycling, and regularly ride long distance cycling events, and have ridden distances going up to 400km (250 miles). I have ridden at least one 200km event every month for the last 30 months.

I'm a vegetarian and have been so since I was 18 years old. I regularly campaign for the rights of animals, and am a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

I'm an atheist, sceptic and logical thinker. I am passionate, caring and fun!

Vicky 'Girly Geek' Perry

I am a Service Delivery Executive for an online news distribution company. I have worked in PR for 2 years and love it! I graduated from the University of Lincoln with a BA (Hons) degree in Journalism. I am interested in Social Media, Journalism, blogging and in-depth research projects.

I am passionate about football and follow the mighty Gillingham, who were my local club when growing up in Kent. I also enjoy singing along (poorly) to a variety of music including Coldplay, Dizzee Rascal, Muse, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Russell Watson.

My selfless support of charities is part of my generous personality, which has led me to undertake many challenges including a 5km row on the Thames, a 5km run dressed as Santa, abseiling down the Humber Bridge, the Silverstone half Marathon and the London Marathon. If it's something crazy.....I will do it! The main two charities I do a lot of fund-raising for are the Teenage Cancer Trust and Action for M.E. - both of whom have helped and supported people close to my heart.

I am fun-loving, crazy, outgoing, selfless and caring....I am Vicky!

About our blog

The name for our blog was inspired by our shared love of the band Coldplay, in particular the song Green Eyes (we both have green eyes, and like this song in particular as it's one of their lesser known tracks but contains some wonderful lyrics that we both appreciate).

We want to use our blog to express our opinions and thoughts on a range of subjects which we find interesting and are passionate about, and which we hope you will too. We'll be writing about all manner of subjects including social media, music, current affairs and politics to name a few.

We hope you stop by and take the time to read and enjoy our blog. You are most welcome to follow our blog, or leave a comment on one of our posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment